I was recently gifted a Moldavite from my brother who toured the Czech Republic recently. It was a total beauty with pale darkish green hues all over with subtle wrinkles. I touched it the moment I got it and I felt my migraine becoming bigger and bigger.
My right palm was heating up and I didn’t know what to do.
Immediately, I dropped the moldavite on the bed and my brother gasped. I said ‘one minute’, went to my desk and got the clear quartz geode. I placed the moldavite in the geode and took my clear quartz wand. I circled the wand 48 times while chanting ‘shuddhi, shuddhi, shuddhi’, until I felt the geode lighting up and marring the moldavite in bright light. Shuddhi means to purify in Sanskrit.
When I picked up the moldavite, my heart vibrations increased and I felt a warmth cover me. That’s the power of purifying new crystals you find.
I learned a powerful lesson: Do not even touch new crystals without cleansing it. That’s why today we will learn all about cleansing and recharging your crystals. Geodes are awesome and perfect for cleansing and recharge, but there are many other ways to do so at your home.
Let’s find out all about them!
Why Clean Crystals?
You need to clean your crystals because crystals are live things. Just like you need a physical bath, crystals need a spiritual bath because it absorbs negativity from around. You need to purify the stone by eliminating the negativity it has picked up.
Benefits of cleaning your crystals are many, but I will round it up to five and explain why cleaning gemstones is important for everyone who has them.
Cleaning crystals is important to Eliminate Negativity. Whether it is a new crystal that picked up bad vibes on the way or it is a crystal you kept in the garden and forgot all about, crystals need to be cleaned periodically. Cleansing removes the negativity that the crystal absorbed.
Do you know clean crystals can do much more? You can Take it to the Full Potential when you cleanse crystals. Clean crystals can do things it’s supposed to without other energies preventing it.
What’s more, you might even come across New Energies, for all I know from experience. Sometimes you have to Let the Crystal Grow with you. It can change and evolve just like you and me. That’s why you need to Purify or Reset crystals after a while. I would recommend cleansing your stones at least once per day or once in a month if it’s a feng shui or buried crystal!
6 Ways to Clean Crystals Before and After Use
Now you know cleaning crystals is important, I want to share six ways to clean it easily. You might have other ways, but you can add these to your list because these are the classic ways to cleanse your crystals.
Let’s find out how to detox your crystals.
· Rice to Clean Crystals
Never thought such a simple ingredient could act as a cleanser right? Rice can be used to dry your phones and crystals too. I will explain just how to do it below-
- Take one cup of rice.
- Place the crystal in the bowl.
- Place the bowl on your windowsill throughout the day.
- Throw the rice after as it has absorbed the negativity.
- Your crystal is clean!
· Solar and Lunar Cleansing
Both sun and moon are excellent energies to cleanse your crystals. While solar energy is powerful, a full moon cleanse for crystals is the best way to cleanse your stones with powerful vibrations at home.
For solar cleansing
- Take your crystals and place it in a ceramic bowl.
- Place it on the windowsill without direct sunlight.
- Let it stay for 4 minutes to 4 hours, depending on the crystal.
For lunar cleansing
- Take your crystal and place it in a bowl.
- Place the bowl under direct moonlight.
- Let it stay for up to 1 hour or 10 hours until dawn.
· Tibetan Bowl
You can use these copper bowls to purify your crystals. Tibetan copper bowl cleansing for crystals is an ancient technique. The most interesting thing is you can also use the same for recharging crystals. Tibetan bowls create acoustic sounds that cleanse the crystals with sound waves.
How to do it?
- Take your Tibetan crystal bowl and place it in front of you.
- Place the crystal you want to cleanse in the bowl.
- Rub the wooden mallet you got with the bowl on the edges of the bowl to make sound.
- Continue circling the bowl for as long as you feel.
- Your crystals will be clean and charged!
· Geodes for Cleansing
Considered the womb of mother earth, geodes are little miracles of nature. They are filled with cleansing energies that can purify your crystals of all the negativity they have sucked up. The best thing is, unlike most cleansing rituals, geode cleansing is easy and simply.
Follow the steps below-
- Take the geode and place it on the table.
- Place your crystal to cleanse inside the geode.
- Leave it be for 4 hours to 8 hours.
- Your crystals are clean!
· Himalayan Salt to Clean Crystals
A unique way to cleanse your crystal, just like the rice, crystals can be cleansed in salt. The salt absorbs all the negativity in the crystal and purifies it. How to do it? But, do remember not all crystals are good with salt, such as malachite. Research before you try this.
- Take your crystals and place it in a bowl of Himalayan salt.
- Let it be for 4 hours.
- Throw the salt away and clean the crystal.
· Sage Smudging or Smoke
Sage is a cleansing herb used by the shamans. It can purify the space and emotions or energies swiftly.
- Take your bunch of sage in hand.
- Light it with a matches or lighter.
- Run the smoke around your crystals.
- Keep the burning sage beside the stones (not touching them).
- Let it sit and absorb the cleansing smoke for 2 hours.
- You can also touch the bunch of unlit sage on the crystal gently to smudge clean gemstones.
15 Ways to Recharge Crystals After Cleaning them
Now that you’ve cleaned your crystals. Is there a way to charge them? Of course there are! There are 15 ways to do so. Recharging your crystals is easy and can take a minute or hours if you want it that way. It’s your choice.
Browse through the best ways to recharge crystals after cleaning below.
· Dowsing Pendant for Recharge your Crystal
All you have to do with a dowsing pendant is to communicate with the crystal.
- Hold the dowsing pendant over the crystal you want to recharge.
- Read vibrations and ask your questions.
- Continue until you find the answers.
· Affirmations for Recharging Gemstone
You can also create your own incantations to charge the crystal to manifest your desires.
- Write your request on a piece of paper.
- Take a pen and cut out everything except the verbs and nouns.
- Take your crystal.
- Look into it and chant the affirmations for manifesting it.
· Meditation for Charging your Crystal
One of the easiest things to communicate and bond with a crystal is meditating with it.
- Take you crystal in your right palm.
- Close it with your left palm.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe in and out while feeling the crystal energy.
- Meditate until you feel you have communicated with the stone.
- Cleanse the stone after.
· Wand Programming for Crystal Charging
One of the ancient ways to focus energy to charge a crystal is by using a symmetrical wand.
- Take your crystal wand.
- Aim the pointy tip at the crystal.
- Create affirmations or visualizations to charge your crystal for five minutes by holding the position.
· Crystal Grid for Charging Stones
To make a crystal grid, you just need a pen and paper. Make sure you create grids based on intentions.
- Set your crystal grid.
- Arrange your stones from the outer layer.
- Place your manifestation stone or crystal to charge in the middle.
- Take a crystal wand and touch each stone starting from the middle to the outer layer.
- Meditate thinking about your intention.
- Let the grid stay undisturbed until the next full moon.
· Feng Shui Directions for Charging Crystals
You can choose different feng shui directions to help your crystal placement to charge it for specific intentions.
- If you’re thinking of wealth, place the crystal in the Southeast direction.
- If you’re thinking of fame and fortune, place in the southern direction.
- If you’re thinking of marriage and love, place it in the southwest direction.
- If you’re thinking of creativity or children, place it in the west direction.
- If you’re thinking of travel and kindness, place it in the northwest direction.
- If you’re thinking of career success and academics, place it in the northern direction.
- If you’re thinking of knowledge and wisdom, place it in the northeast direction.
- If you’re thinking of Health and harmony, place it in the eastern direction.
· Candle Lit Altar Incense Therapy
By assembling your recharging crystals based on intention on an altar, you can charge your crystals.
- Set your crystals on the alter up to five.
- Place your crystal to charge in the center.
- Light a candle.
- Light the scent pertaining to the crystal.
- Close your eyes and chant your affirmations for ten minutes.
- Let the setting stay until dusk.
· Full Moon Recharge for Crystals
Full moon energy is excellent to charge your crystals for a variety of uses like luck, success, love and much more.
- Take your crystals and place it in the bowl.
- Place the bowl under direct moonlight.
- Let the crystals soak in the moon energy for 4 to 6 hours.
- The full moon energy starts three days before the actual full moon and stay for three days after the full moon!
· Chakra Training for Crystals
You can also spot the strongest chakra of a gemstone and charge it to fuel the same chakra when you touch it.
- Take your crystal in your right palm.
- Place it on the chakra you want to strengthen.
- Now take a crystal wand in your right palm and point at the crystal for 2 minutes.
- Your crystal is charged!
You can also create a crystal elixir to infuse the energy of the crystal. There is no need to immerse the crystal in the water if you think it is toxic.
- Take a glass of water.
- Place the crystal on top of a coaster.
- Place the coaster on top of the glass with water.
- Let it sit for 4 hours.
- Drink or sprinkle the water around now that it’s a crystal elixir.
To bathe with crystals is great because it charges the water with the crystal energies that you can soak into. Just drop the crystal in the bath tub ten minutes before your bath to get started!
· Snow for Charging your Crystals
Keeping crystals under the snow is also steadfast crystal ritual to manifest your intentions.
- Take your crystal in your right palm.
- Chant your intention.
- Place the crystal for 15 minutes in the snow.
- Take it out and hold it again while chanting your intention.
- Cleanse it after.
· Burying your Crystals for Charging
You can also bury your crystals in the garden to nourish the plants or for the crystal to become one with the earth and recharge.
- Take the crystal.
- Make a small hole, 1 foot deep in your backyard.
- Place the crystal in the sand hole.
- Cover the hole with soil.
- Now place a seed on top of it.
- Take out the crystal when the plant germinates.
· Gong Therapy for Charging your Crystals
You can also use sound therapy to recharge your crystals.
- Take your crystal and place it on the ground.
- Sound the gong once.
- Then, proceed in a rhythm familiar to you for 3 minutes.
- Your crystals are charged!
· Reiki Energy Healing for Crystal Charging
You can use the energy of another person to heal you.
- Take your crystals and place it along chakras or meridians on the body.
- Now ask your friend to hold her hand above each crystal and chant ‘energize’ with closed eyes.
- Continue until you complete over all the crystals.
- With a reiki attuned practitioner, this works like a charm!
· Visualization for Recharging Crystals
You can also stimulate your imaginations to see the heat and fire emerging from the crystal.
- Hold the crystal in your palm.
- Look straight into it.
- Dance with its light and visualize the light spreading into you.
- Stop when the light stops.
3 Crystals That can Clean Other Crystals
There are certain crystals that are self-cleansing and perfect for cleansing other stones. Let’s find out what they are!
· Clear Quartz
No purification is complete without a clear quartz. It cleanses and detoxes the negativity off your crystals.
- Take your clear quartz in the right hand
- Circle it thrice over the crystal you want to clean.
- That’s it!
The simplest way to cleanse multiple crystals at once, geodes are fabulous.
- Take your geode and place it on a table.
- Place the crystals you want to clean in the geode.
- Let it sit for 4 minutes to 4 hours.
- Your crystals are clean!
The crystal known as the stone of life, selenite cleanses everything and itself from evil energies.
- Take your selenite wand in the right hand.
- Point it at the crystal you want to clean.
- Hold the position for three minutes.
- Your crystal is clean!
Before you go …
Whether it is cleaning or recharging, it is always wise to ask the crystal what it wants before you decide. It’s a calling you feel. Sometimes, just holding the crystal is enough to recharge it!
What are your favorite cleansing and recharging technique for crystals? Share below.
Read Relevant Topics Below
- How To Find Your Spirit Animal?
- Why Use These 11 EMF Protection Crystals Right Now?
- How To Detect Aura Colors Using Gemstones?