Nature’s soothing elixir, lavender essential oil is a dollop of heaven. Filled with soothing essence, lavender oil is grandma’s best cure for a range of things. However, do you know lavender can change your mood by affecting your emotions and brainwaves? Lavender is one of the earliest cures for sleeping problems and muscle pains too. That’s why today we will find out everything that is amazing about lavender essential oils and how to use it at home.
What is Lavender Essential Oil?
A brief sniff of lavender takes you to the wildflower valleys and English sun in a wink! An oil made from lavender, the perennial shrub. With a history of over 2,500 years, Lavender has a deep bond with humanity. Egyptians to Arabians adore lavender in their perfumes, scents and oils. It is a scent of great relief and is quoted popular during the Great Plague of 1800s in London. The musky fragrance of lavender is used widely in potpourris and interior designing of residential and resort-like places.
Lavender essential oil also has healing effects. It can soothe sore nerves and muscles to help you relax effortlessly. More about the wonders of lavender essential oil below.
5 Fabulous Benefits of Using Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is an astringent essential oil. It can cure and heal besides triggering pleasant emotions wherever it is pleasant. Before you make lavender essential oil an integral part of your personality, I want you to know all the amazing effects it has on the body and mind. Let’s find out what fits you the best!
· Inflammations with Lavender Essential Oil
An anti-inflammatory essential oil, lavender is still used for Bee sting. When used regularly, it can bring down inflammations often seen in patients with underactive thyroid too. Lavender essential oil is anti-fungal too. It is one of the popular oils in aromatherapy for its analgesic uses. It can accelerate healing processes of wounds, cuts and minor burns too.
· Lavender Essential Oil for Relaxation
If you’re restless, anxious or paranoid, lavender can help you out. An essential that is used as an anti-depressant, lavender essential oil promotes focus and concentration too. You can use it before meditating to have a distraction-free session. Lavender oil soothes the mind and body to relax if you’re prone to panic attacks or anxiety.
· Dryness with Lavender Essential Oil
For skin and hair, lavender essential oil can cure the overt dryness. You can rub lavender essential oil on dry skin to moisturize it. Lavender heals the area and regenerates skin cells. Lavender is the best solution to keep yourself hydrated throughout summers and winters. It works best with humidifiers to fill your atmosphere!
· Lavender Essential Oil for Growing your Hair
Want lush and shiny hair? If just a head full of hair would do too, lavender essential oil can help. Mixing it with your hair oil in equal amount can nourish the scalp and hydrate it. Lavender essential oil cleans the scalp and repels lice as well as dandruff. It is often used medicinally for hair loss, if that’s your problem!
· Sleep Health with Lavender oil
Do you know lavender is a good scent to sleep to? It can reset your biological clock and boost the secretion of melatonin. It can help you relax by affecting your nerves. The same leads to deep sleep as it promotes theta brainwaves. You can light a lavender incense or drop a few dollops of lavender essential oil in the diffuser to sleep like a baby.
How to Use Lavender Essential Oil?
Lavender is the scent of the Gods. You can use it in many ways but throughout the last five years, the ways I have used are unique. I think you will like the diverse ways you can add lavender essential oil to every beauty routine. But, some of the techniques I have found for using lavender oil are awesome. Start scrolling!
Once you mix the lavender essential oil with a carrier oil such as coconut oil, you can apply it directly to the face. It can help the oil to penetrate your pores deeply and give a thorough exfoliation and nourishment.
- Take two drops of lavender essential oi.
- Add it to two drops of coconut oil.
- Mix it.
- Apply it on your face.
- Now use the facial roller to massage your face.
When you’re breathing the aroma of lavender, you will feel relaxed and comfortable. It can diffuse with the air around you to make it warm and enveloping. Aroma diffusers with lavender essential oil can create a harmonious ambiance at home.
- Add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil per 100 ml of water.
- Diffuse and enjoy!
3. Gua Sha
Diluted lavender essential oil works as a great additive for many beauty and cosmetic products. You can also massage your face with a gua sha tool by adding lavender essential oil. Gua sha is an ancient practice of scraping the dead skin and regenerating new skin with a board made of ox horn or healing crystals.
- Take two drops of lavender essential oi.
- Add two drops of coconut oil for face.
- Mix it.
- Now apply the mixture on your face.
- Use your gua sha board to work around from the center of the face.
4. Dab it Around
Lavender is a promising and inviting scent. You can dab it around the house on your curtains or in the bedroom on your pillows. It will emanate a pleasant and sweet scent all around the house. You can even add it to your bathtub before you bathe.
- Take 2-5 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add it to 50 ml water in a spraying can.
- Mist the spray on upholstery and your pillow before sleep.
You can also use lavender essential oil with gemstones. Specific gemstones such as lilac amethyst works well with the lavender scent to connect with the crown and higher chakras. Gemstones also invite new energy into the mix.
- Take 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Massage it with your right hand.
- Touch your left hand on the crystal of your choice.
Best Gemstones to use with Lavender Essential Oil
To expand on the crystals uses with lavender oil, we want to suggest three amazing gemstones that work all too well. We’ve found the following crystals are excellent to blend with the scent and vibe of lavender essential oils.
A sweet and soft-energy stone, lilac amethyst is a gentle crown chakra stone. Meditating while holding the stone after massaging or scenting lavender is an empowering therapy in fact. Lilac amethyst is known to make you intuitive, aware and enlightened.
- Mix one drop of lavender oil with one drop of coconut oil.
- Now mix and add it on your crown chakra.
- Now hold the lilac amethyst wand with both your hands.
- Meditate for five minutes.
One of a kind palm stone that envelops you in the warm embrace and love energies of lavender, you can use it together too. All you need to do is bond with the lavender scent. One way to do that is to use it as an incense.
- Light the lavender incense.
- Now hold the palm stone black obsidian in your right and left hand.
- Sit comfortably and visualize the energy rising in your palms.
Another essential stone for lavender use is moonstone. The streaks of the mystic of moonstone with full moon energy are powerful. Moonstone can help you connect with your third eye chakra to communicate with angels. It makes you intuitive and psychic.
- Take a drop of lavender essential oil.
- Mix it with a drop of coconut oil.
- Now dab it in between your brows on the third eye chakra.
- Now place the moonstone in your palms and let your mind rise to the above.
The stone of astral travel, lapis lazuli becomes a whole other gem in the presence of strong lavender essential oils. Lapis lazuli affects your throat and third eye chakras together to make you confident and easy-going. It makes your thoughts mellow and your actions full of credence.
- Take a drop of lavender essential oil and mix an equal amount of coconut oil with it.
- Dab it on your third eye and throat chakras.
- Now hold the lapis lazuli palm stone and pray to the night while lying on a bed.
Full of mysterious powers, blue sapphires are incredible. They can help you see the light when you’re confused. That’s why combining lavender with blue sapphire makes you disillusioned and aware of reality. It helps you win your goals and ambitions. Pink and blue sapphire, both are excellent for connecting with lavender essential oil.
- Take a drop of lavender oil and mix it with an equal amount of coconut oil.
- Dab it on your throat and heart chakras.
- Meditate for ten minutes on a Saturday.
Before you go …
Do you love lavender essential oil now? It’s a mystical scent you must not miss on. Share your experiences with lavender essential oil below. Our readers would love to hear from you!
Read Relevant Topics Below